Second Birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Doctor's appointment and other going ons

We had a "good" appointment last week at the doctor's. I say "good" with quotes because Miles is healthy, gaining weight, and progressing nicely, he was just in a rotten mood while the nice doctor was trying to check him out and talk to us. I told her this was pretty typical for him during the day and she looks at me and says "wow, you are holding up pretty well then!". All I could say was thanks. She asked me to call her in a few weeks to let her know how we were holding up. I think she just wants to check on my sanity to make sure I'm not going to hurt our baby :)

Here are his stats from the appointment:
Weight: 10 lb, 5 oz, 60th percentile (two pound gain, thank you very much)
Height: 23 1/8", 90th percentile
Head Circumference: 15", 40th percentile


I also had my postpartum appointment this week and everything seems to be great, so no more visits for awhile to the doctor for me. I think I am going to start to have withdrawals!

Miles is really starting to smile these days which is fun, but he seems to smile mostly with anyone other than his mom. I get a few here and there, but not much. That's cool, snub the person who carried you for nine months, gave birth to you, feeds you, and takes care of you most of the day. WHATEVER! :) The grandparents, dad, and aunts seem to get the most smiles out of him.

My little guy also has a hard time getting down for his naps. He likes to be snugly but he breaks out of all swaddles so we have resulted to putting him in his car seat for naps. As you will see, he frequently is pictured in his car seat. A habit I hope to break soon, but for now, it works (as Cari would say).

He also had a big weekend because he attended his first kids birthday party. Ok, so maybe he slept most of the time and maybe it was mostly for mom to socialize with some adults, but hey, he was there! Our little friend Miss K turned four and they were nice enough to include us in on the party. Nick had his company's holiday party on Saturday so Auntie Andrea babysat Miles solo for the first time. Thank you auntie! Mom and Dad had a nice time out. First few pics are from her night with him. Great Aunt Monica came for a visit too which was so fun. Ready for the real kicker... this all happened on the same day! That's right, he was a rock star that day. Maybe that's why the next day he was not on his best behavior when we went to watch the football game with some friends. Hmmm... note to self... baby's can get overstimulated :)

That's about all for now. Here are some pics of our guy!


Showing off that neck strength

Auntie Andrea is so fun!


This is how Mommy and Maddie feel these days

Fist smile compliments of Papa Mark
Won't someone play with ME?
Mimi time

Papa Mark

Rosie being very protective. Almost jumped in with him.

Grandma made him these adorable shoes... his first pair!

First time at sushi with Mom and Mimi


Napping in the car seat... again
Smiling real big for Grandma 



1 comment: