Second Birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One Month!



Guess who's one month old? We did it, we survived one month together!!!! Don't get me wrong, we both have our freak out sessions and crying fits, but at least mommy's crying fits have decreased dramatically :) We can already see small differences in his behavior which has been so fun to watch.

Miles at one month:


He has always had a strong neck, but it's getting even stronger these days. He constantly has his neck craned back checking out everything that's happening on the ceiling and behind him. This makes it a little difficult for mommy to hold him one handed.

Not only is his neck very strong, but he is showing amazing strength with his legs and arms as well. He will "stand" for minutes at a time and I am constantly telling him to bend so we can just sit for a few minutes.

He is much happier at bath time which is wonderful. Dare I say he now seems to enjoy the water, hooray!

Probably the most fun thing he has started doing is smiling. They are few and far between still, but we've gotten some good ones out of him, especially from the grandparents.

He has been very consistent at this so that is why I don't feel like I am going to jinx it by writing it here... he lets me sleep for four hour stretches at night! Glorious!

And for the first time today we have successfully "cried" ourselves to sleep at nap time. I never dreamed this would be just as hard on me as it was on him :)

We have our one month doctor's appointment this Friday so I will have some stats then. Can't wait to see how much he's gained and to see how he's doing. Pray for us when the shots come out. I'm almost positive I will leave with a headache.


Last week was an exciting one because we got to welcome a new friend into the world. Mr. Ryder Andrew Chastain was born on January 14th. Everyone's doing well and I can't wait to hear how Cari handles two little ones. I'm sure she will be a pro and will do it with such style and grace. Go Mama Cari! Check out all his cutness here.

And now I leave you some pictures of out little man. Enjoy!






Everyone needs one of these booty shots, right?


Peek-a-boo

Thanks for the kiss sister Maddie

Everyone has a bad day now and then

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jennie! Your pictures are fabulous! macy also does this weird cranning things with her neck where she is always looking over her right shoulder! It's a bit odd... :) If it's helpful for you for the shots I'll tell you what I did. I gave macy tylenol about 20 min before the shots (it was a secret under the radar kinda thing) and then I asked them to give the shots at one time (not sure how your doc does it but macy was getting two shots so i asked them to have two nurses give the shots to her at the same time) I even said, "I'm happy to wait if you need time to get the extra staff member) - I felt like very assertive-mommy. :) You did it! Good job getting through the first month. I can tell you month 2 to 3 has been simply wonderful! It just gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him......I need to get my hands on him so bad! He is so sweet and getting so big!

    ReplyDelete