Second Birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 30, 2012

Not a baby anymore...

Well, I finally did it. I had all the clothes that Miles no longer fit into shoved into a container, which was then spewing out of the the container and residing on the floor of his closet. Enough was enough, it was time to properly pack his baby clothes away in hopes that we will get to use them again one day.

So I gathered up all the clothes and started organizing them and putting them into vacuum sealed bags reminiscing about his baby days, which outfits were my favorites, and just how little he was. 



Didn't think I would have gotten so sentimental about it all, but I did and had a little mommy moment on the floor of my living room. Then I pulled myself together and.... SUCKED all the air out of the bags which was, sadly, fun for me.



So now they are neatly put away and I hope and pray we have another one someday that will be able to wear them because this boy had A LOT of cute clothes!

I came across this tag while sorting that just made me laugh. No kidding shirt, could have figured that out on my own.



So my little boy isn't so little anymore and with that comes both sadness and happiness. I love the stage he is at now (although exhausting) where we can play and interact together, but part of me misses those squishy baby days. Then I remember the sleep deprivation and nursing and snap out of it. I guess I'm mostly sad about how fast time is going and I try to remember to cherish each day. Every night I think to myself "did I do everything I could to hold on to today's moments? Did I get too frustrated with him and not remember the sweet little boy moments?" and then I vow to make sure I do the next day...until he does something that makes me frustrated :)

Pretty soon he will be off to work in his suite....


...but I still have some time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment